Stereogram is simply an image which has another image hidden inside (hidden one is a 3D one). when I was smaller i could never see the hidden image of Load Buddha in the stereogram I found in several places. But I got to know the method of looking at the picture and seeing the hidden image. I tried hard to get the results, i tried around 1 hour at the 1st time, but now its very easy to get the result in several seconds.
There is a special way of looking at the picture. I have a simple illustration of the method.
- You have to relax your eyes to get the result. you can do it by looking at an object far away from you, an object around 10 feets also will do the job. The theory is to make the sights of the eyes parellal to each other.
- Then keep the image infront of one eye and slowly move it towards both eyes, not loosing your distance focus.
- Allow the picture to come in to focus. (not that you should look at the picture)
- Repeat this until you succeed.
- Enjoy the 2D effect of the image.
This can also be done by keeping the image near your face and moving it far, keeping the distance focus.
Below I have given some stereograms to you to practice. Note that images with high contrast colours are easy to get the result. That’s why I have placed some high contrast images 1st.
See this 1st image and try to get deep in to it. Focus your eyes to a distant object (or if you can give your eyes paellal sight at once, its will be a great help).
If you can see the hidden object you should see a heart and a goose infron of the heart.
Now try this. this is too easy.
you should see, 2 spirals like things rotated around each other.
There is a grasshopper hidden inside this image.
Try to find what is hidden inside this image.
This is somewhat difficult. If you can see, you should see a butterfly in the middle of the image.
- To practice keeping your eyes focused far away, hold the picture in front of one eye while the other eye holds the focus on distant objects in the room.
- The key is to keep your eyes relaxed. Relaxed eyes will come into position such that.
- You are not technically crossing your eyes to view the picture, but forcing them to view two different pictures, due to the spacing of the pattern in the stereogram.
- A small segment of the population does not have stereovision, and will not ever be able to view stereograms.
- It often takes several tries to get it (perhaps 30 minutes or more!), but once you see your first one, the others will come easier!
- If you get good enough, you don’t even have to move the picture or your face, you can just cross your eyes correctly and it will appear.
- If you feel your eyes manually focusing, start over from the beginning.
Do not do this for a long peroid of time, your eyes will be tired quickly. When you reel dizzy, headaches, pain in your eyes, give some rest and proceed.